Highlights of the CIOB Calendar throughout November. All events are online webinars unless otherwise stated
Everything You Wanted to Know About Construction Disputes, But Were Too Afraid to Ask
10 November, 6-7pm, London
Join three legal and construction experts as they look at what is important in the resolution of disputes during the covid-19 crisis.
- How have the courts responded and what options are open to you for dispute resolution?
- Why might you go to court when other options are available?
- How do solicitors and barristers help?
- What do you need to know if you have to ‘go legal’ and what can you do to minimise the cost and risks should you find yourself dealing with delay, disruption or a claim on a construction project?
Speakers will include Edward Carolan of Lindford Consulting, Sam Bawden of Holmes & Hills, and Carlo Taczalski of Crown Office Chambers.
- Contact: [email protected] to secure your place
Autism & Neurodiversity in the Construction Sector Webinar
12 November, 1-2pm, Sheffield
This session will increase awareness of autism and neurodiversity among construction businesses.
Leaders in construction are already managing autism in the workplace and on site. Understanding how to get the most out of neurodiverse staff, and tapping into their talents is in the interest of companies and the industry as a whole.
From this webinar you will:
- Understand the potential benefits of being an autism/neurodiversity understanding business in the
- Start to recognise autism and neurodiversity in the workplace and on site.
- Understand which services are available to construction employers to improve their knowledge of autism at work, and how to access these services.
V-South East Construction Expo
18-19 November, 9am-2.30pm
The CIOB will be taking part in the annual South East Construction Expo, which this year has been replaced with a virtual conference bringing together clients, contractors, developers, consultants and other related industries across the UK.
Using the latest technology, the expo will give a unique networking and learning environment with great content, live Q&A and expert speakers.
Interactive areas will allow you to connect and engage, and to tailor your day according to your interests. You will be able to move in and out of rooms just as at an in-person event and enjoy informative speakers, network and book onto one of the Meet the Buyer sessions.
To find out more and book a free place, please visit: www.constructionexpouk.co.uk/virtual-construction-expo.
26 November, 5.45pm-7pm, Hampshire
Guest speaker Abby Bartlett, associate (sustainability) at Ridge and Partners, will provide a summary of the BREEAM methodology, explaining how it improves the overall sustainability of schemes with local case studies with the emphasis on the importance of sustainability in construction.
Please note this a live webinar and there will be an opportunity at the end of the session for Q&As.
Building Climate Resilience – a Look at Sheffield’s Flood Defence Programme
26 November, 12-1pm, Sheffield
Join specialists from Environment Agency and Sheffield City Council to look at how built and nature-based defences are being used in South Yorkshire to address the risks of flooding.
Sheffield, the city of seven hills, has been impacted by flooding many times over the years. Addressing flood risk is crucial to its future, under increasing influence from climate change.
The session will showcase a partnership approach to delivering solutions in the city. Key learnings will be the role of a holistic and integrated built and nature-based approach and how this can be developed.
For more information, to register and find more events, visit the CIOB website