New group will help construction clients tackle issues such as building safety, net zero and digital technology
The CIOB has launched a new group to help construction’s clients tackle the industry’s major issues, including building safety, quality, net zero and digital technology.
The group has been set up and will be chaired by incoming CIOB president Mike Foy, who works for the Department for Education (DfE).
“The group’s ambition is to be the professional body of choice for construction clients globally,” says Foy.
“There is a lot of work ahead on our client strategy, but I’ll be very happy if I can kickstart it by developing a strategy and start implementing the roadmap during the next 12 months.”
Group members are:
- Mike Foy OBE (chair), Department for Education
- Caroline Gumble, CEO, CIOB
- Virginia Borkoski, senior vice president, program planning and delivery, New York City Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Gren Tipper, operations director, Construction Clients Leadership Group
- Mike Smith, managing director, Corniche Construction
- Jennifer Makkreel, deputy head of capital projects, University of Oxford.
An additional international member will also be recruited to the group.