Midlands Region session will talk through case studies
The Midlands Region is welcoming back Joe Malone, of Nottingham-based Chartered Building Consultancy Malone Associates, for another CPD session on 20 May.
Malone specialises in building pathology and carries out expert witness work, particularly in relation to damp and construction defects.
He will talk through a commission for external wall insulation (EWI) surveys for Lancaster City Council, using the case study to run through:
● Non-traditional construction types;
● Access issues in high-rise buildings
● Assessment of the hidden underlying structure;
● Degree of saturation in EWI systems;
● Inbuilt fire safety standards versus current requirements;
● Degree of system failure or aesthetic spoiling, considering likely causes;
● Thermal imaging to review water ingress and thermal efficiency; and
● An overview of the cost of repair and replacement.
Join this free online event at 12pm via the CIOB website.